Meet the G20



   Meet my new home on wheels, A 1984 Chevrolet G20 Tra-Tech Conversion van 305CI V8 and 700R4 combo. It was destined to go to the scrap yard but I got it purring in short order, all I had to do was pull the doghouse cover and spray some starting fluid/ether down on the carb and let it sit while I ran to pick up a new Valuecraft battery from Wallyworld. After putting the new battery in and a half dozen pumps of the pedal she(he?) fired right up. some idling and revving to clear it's throat and we were on our way back to home base.

   I must say the high top giving a 6'3" height inside is quite strange to me, I find myself ducking when I could stand and hitting my head when I thought I could stand. The van came outfitted with a 2 burner camp stove and a sink. I had a 20 gallon water tank and Flo-Jet waterpump from my old truck camper so I already have those set where I want them, This van is huge so I will be dragging my bicycle along in the overhead storage. I am around six foot and have been sleeping widthwise across the van comfortably.

   What I need to do at this point is the normal stuff, air and oil filters, coil, cap, rotor, wires and plugs. The tires are dry rotted so I would like to pick up a second spare as I can't afford new tires for a while. Tire chains will also have to come later unless I can barter with someone.

Please let me know of any ideas you have to name this mansion on wheels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elk season and van drama