The last camp with Esel April 2017- W pipeline Rd Delta CO

   West pipeline Rd runs from Delta, near the airport and Devil's Thumb on BLM WSA land up the side of the Grand Mesa in the NF. It's a dirt road, many would classify as a 4x4 trail but as you can tell I made it a ways up in a Honda Civic and could have made it further.

   My goal with this campsite was I wanted some peace and quiet, I knew some snow or rain would be blowing in so there should have been no traffic. That wasn't the case, people outfitted like hunters went up and down the road a few times, starting after it snowed I say "like hunters" because they took until an hour or to after sunrise to even get past my camp, no real hunter hunts that late, they beat the sun if they want to put meat in the freezer
   Anyways, picture time. 38°51'18.1"N 108°06'26.5"W Late April 2017




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elk season and van drama