Tires, oh tires...

   Tires, tires, tires I am trying to resist my urge to rant about this most devastating and illogical modern convinces. As long as you are depending on these you will never be free.


   I do these things to myself, I do what I know is wrong, like buying another vehicle held up by these air filled rubber/petro donuts. Alright, I just don't like tires but it is part of the vanlife, one day I will step away from these contraptions and live with much less stress.

   So what's bringing this up is that the G20 van needed tires when I bought it, I didn't look too close but I thought they would be fine for a while but after a closer look they are not even close to being safe. So I spent a few days shopping for tires to find out a few things, one of those was today in 2017 fifteen inch wheels are becoming obsolete, retailers don't keep a good stock of new tires and used tires are hard to come by. Going up to 16" gives you more options but I was able to source the LT235/75R15 tires off eBay, a set of 4 for $201.70.

   Edit: Or I didn't buy those tires because they said it as an inventory issue, full refund as issued but that doesn't help me, tires....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elk season and van drama